The perfect spa day
First thing first
Start by setting the mood! Put on some calming music and create the perfect spa scent while you get things ready. Lavender essential oil is great for relaxing, but nothing smells more like a spa than eucalyptus! Using your diffuser at home will create a nice ambiance while staying toxin free!
in your favorite snack, or drink while you get everything prepared.
Gather all your supplies
Grab everything you will need and set it up nicely just like a spa would. You will need your favorite facial cleanser, and complexion brush, face mask, hair mask, shower cap, body exfoliator, yummy lotions, epsom salt mixed with lavender essential oils, as well as a luxurious robe & microfiber hair turban.
If you have a favorite face scrub then slather that one on and enjoy it! If you dont here is a great recipe that i love!
2 tbsp finely ground almonds
4 tbsp oats
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp lemon juice or yogurt
1. First, grind almonds your blender.
2. Pour the ground almonds into another container.
3. Measure out 2 tablespoons of the ground almonds and added them back to the blender jar, along with the oats and honey.
4. Add just enough lemon juice so that the mixture is a thick, oatmeal-like consistency.
Gently rub the mixture on clean skin. Leave on for about 5 minutes, and then rinse with warm water.
You can store the mixture in the refrigerator for a few weeks.
If you have dry hair that could use a serious moisturizing treatment, this Coconut Oil Conditioning Treatment is perfect for you! Once your done just pop your shower cap on and let it set.
Homemade deep conditioning hair treatment made with coconut oil.
Coconut oil is an amazing all-natural tool in your health and beauty arsenal, especially for your hair.
Here are just a few of the benefits of coconut oil for your tresses:Helps stimulate hair growth without chemicals.Promotes scalp health, adds luster, shine and softness to the hair.Prevents hair breakage and split ends, contributing to hair length.Slows down hair loss.Coconut oil is the richest natural source of fatty acids with antibacterial and antimicrobial properties that are very nourishing to the body. It is especially high in Lauric Acid which contains proteins that can strengthen your hair and prevent damage. Coconut oil’s structure also allows it to penetrate hair in ways that other oils are not able to, infusing moisture back into your hair and leaving it soft and shiny.
Here’s how to make it
2 Tbsp organic virgin coconut oil
1 Tbsp jojoba oil
3-5 drops essential oil of your choice
A small bowl
Directions:Use coconut oil that is in its solid state. If you live in a warm climate or your coconut oil has been sitting out somewhere warm, just stick it in the fridge for a few minutes until it solidifies.
1. Measure the coconut oil into a small bowl and stir well. Stirring will heat it up just enough to create a smooth, creamy texture.
2. Add the jojoba oil and continue stirring until the mixture is even and well-combined.
3. Add 3-5 drops of your preferred essential oil. Many essential oils can help promote hair and scalp health, including lavender, rosemary, peppermint, and geranium. Stir well.Apply the mixture to your hair from roots to ends, paying particular attention to any dry areas.
4. Then cover your hair with a Spa Sister shower cap, and use a hair dryer to warm the hair a bit.
5. Leave the mixture on your hair for 15-30 minutes.
6. Finally, wash and condition your hair as usual. Use this deep conditioner once a week for the fullest benefits.
A foot soak is the perfect treatment if you don’t have much time to spare. You can even set up a foot bath at your desk or at a table while you work on something else!
1 cup Epsom salt
2 cups baking soda
10 drops peppermint essential oil
Directions:Add the Epsom salt, baking soda, and essential oils to a large bowl or jar.
Stir or shake thoroughly to combine. Transfer the mixture to an airtight container for storage.
Fill your foot bath with hot water. Add 1/4 cup of the foot soak mixture to the water and stir.
Soak your feet in the water for about 20 minutes or so.
(You need to soak for AT LEAST 15 minutes to get the full benefits of the Epsom salt!)
While your soaking take the time to smooth away calluses with our foot polisher or pumice stone.
When your all finished slip into the Luxe overnight socks for amazingly smooth feet!